Alice Hubbard

Alice Hubbard

Central School was built in 1882 and for eight years was the only public school building in Vancouver. Presently, the Clark County Courthouse sits on this location. Former resident of the Charles Brown House, Alice Hubbard, taught at this school for many years. She was principal of the school for fifteen years and at the time of her death on April 3, 1935, held this position. Here is a picture of Alice Hubbard with many Central School pupils during a parade on a Vancouver city street in 1925.